Are you worried about your electricity bills over summer? Call the free advice service on 1800 830 029 to book a phone consultation with an energy saving expert.
Climate Change means our summers are getting hotter and longer. Make sure you are prepared with some reminders of how to stay cool in summer!
For more information visit the Better Health Channel. Call NURSE-ON-CALL on
1300 60 60 24 or see a doctor if you’re unwell.
In an emergency, call 000.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid caffeine and sugary drinks. They will dehydrate you.
- Remove warm clothing. Place a cold compress, e.g. a wet tea towel around the back of your neck, knees, groin or armpits.
- Spray you skin with water and eat lots of raw fruit and veggies.
- Put the blinds down, especially on north and west facing windows.
- Turn off lights and electrical equipment. They generate heat.
- Plan ahead and be active early in the day.
- Stay out of the sun and avoid exercise.
No Comments Yet