Let's do this!
We need your help to recycle blister packs.
We’ve been piloting the collection of blister packs for a few months to test the need in the community.
We figured it would be an interesting one given most people take some form of regular medications and given the challenges with accessing a recycling solution.
What we’ve learned is that so many people are keen to keep these out of landfill, but the recycling solution that exists is unfortunately expensive.
To try make this work, we are now is raising funds to buy specialised recycling boxes to deal with this community need.
Based on current collection data, we need to raise approximately $3,500 and we are looking for donations starting at $20.
Our objectives for this project are to:
- > Deliver a community solution to divert blister pack waste from landfill.
- > Collect data to inform stakeholders of the scale of the issue in the community.
- > Inform stakeholders of the public appetite to find a solution.
- > Call for action on an ongoing free national recycling solution.
- > Call for action for packaging redesign.
If we can raise enough money we’ll open up recycling at Span to the community for three months. Or longer if we raise more than the target!
PLEASE SEND YOUR DONATION TO*
Name Span Community House
BSB 633 000
Account 142 881 275
Reference Blister Pack Recycling