Did you know that nearly half a million Australians are currently living with dementia? With the ageing of our population this number will double in the next 30 years.
In response to the need for accessible evidence-based education, the Wicking Dementia Centre at the University of Tasmania offers a FREE online course, Understanding Dementia MOOC. Although the course started a few weeks ago, they are still accepting enrolments for the remaining 5 weeks
- It’s FREE and you can enrol today
- Course opens on Tuesday 8 February 2022
- Duration is 7 weeks, with an estimated effort of 3 hours per week
- You can study day or night, on your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Receive a personalised certificate on completion
Enrolments are now open at mooc.utas.edu.au
Many people with dementia live in the community and education about this condition can better support them, as well as their families and caregivers.
Our course content includes how the brain is affected by the diseases that cause dementia, symptoms, diagnosis, stages and management, and personal and carers’ perspectives of living with dementia.
The Understanding Dementia MOOC has consistently ranked in the Top 3 courses in the Health and Medicine Category on Class Central (a leading aggregate site of over 50,000 online courses).