Volunteering @ Span
Volunteers play an integral part in many of Span programs and operations.
Our volunteers bring their vibrancy, skills and open mindedness to support our diverse community. If you would like to get involved as a volunteer we are always looking for support so give us a call or drop in for a chat.
If you have the right skills and are enthusiastic about becoming a lead volunteer we can discuss opportunities to take ownership of projects.
These are examples of the activities and programs that are run with the help of Volunteers:
- Art for All Abilities
- Good Bugs Gardening Group
- Cooking with Confidence
- Reception / Admin
- Community Lunch (monthly)
- Board of Management
- Digital Literacy
- One-on-One IT Assistance
- Family Carers Activities
The following roles are currently open for the right people:
- > RRR Hub Support: Help us manage materials in and out to support our local corcular economy activities
- > Marketing & Promotions: Develop materials, update website, social media etc.
- > Class Support: Support our Tutors deliver their Tue Cooking and Fri Art for All Abilities classes
- > Community Composting: Help us compost food waste and keep our collection crate stocked with clean buckets
- > Cook / Planner: Help deliver spacial events such as Carers High Tea, Christmas Lunch etc.
- > Data Entry: Help monitor the impact of our sustainability and other activities
- > Jack or Jill of All Trades: An all-rounder to help keep back of house orderly and do basic maintenance.
- > Sensitive Santa: Support children on the autism spectrum in their visit with Santa @ Span
- > Teaching Tech: 1:1 support for learning to use tech devices
- > Board of Management: Contribute to the governance of the house