Span is stepping up it’s sustainability game with the expansion of current initiatives and the addition of some new ones!
We acknowledge the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung people, custodians of the unceded land that Span is on and recognise their ongoing efforts to protect land and water.
At Span we want to do our part to maintain and improve our local environment and community and want to include more people in helping us do this.
We’re keen to engage people from across Darebin and beyond in some or all activities – the more the merrier as we develop our Sustainability Squad and kick goals for the community and the environment!
We’ll be updating info here as we evolve and are keen to hear if you have any ideas for supporting our expanding this community activity.
Our RRR Hub project has been underway for just over six months now. Where has the time gone…?!
We’ve been delighted with how the community has engaged with us on this, helping us to divert so much waste from landfill and into better uses.
By working together we have boosted the circular economy and reduced our collective environmental footprint in so many ways including :
- > taking food waste from our neighbours and local businesses to reduce their impacts and costs
- > creating compost to boost the productivity of our community garden
- > giving glass jars and elastic bands a new lease on life as reusable coffee cups at a not-for-profit cafe
- > contributing to the fabulous work of Aussie Bread Tags for Wheelchairs
- > supporting local groups with their important sustainability work
The data speaks for itself so check out our infographic for more info!
Lots of great things done. Lots more to do.
Come join us!
Sustainable Development Goals
At Span we identify and align with many of the UN Sustainable Development Goals but in particular:
- > SDG2 – Zero Hunger
- > SDG3 – Good Health & Wellbeing
- > SDG4 – Quality Education
- > SDG10 – Reduced Inequalities
- > SDG11 – Sustainable Cities & Communities
- > SDG12 – Responsible Consumption & Production
- > SDG13 – Climate Action
- > SDG15 – Life on Land
- > SDG17 – Partnerships for the Goals
More info about the UN Sustainability Development Goals can be seen here and there will be more coming soon about Span’s work in this space.