Contribute to improving local biodiversity!
Join Span for a variety activities over the coming months, where we get better connected with nature and get hands on to enhance our local biodiversity.
Supported by the Victorian Government through the Volunteering Innovation Fund, this is a community-led project that considers new ways of volunteering in and for the environment.
The good things ahead...
With a focus on bushland environments and indigenous plants, we will deliver a number of events to get people hands on and connected to nature in our urban environment.
We will support local work to improve our natural environments. We will also use some of the beautiful natural areas in our neighbourhoods as backdrops or inspiration for some events.
Activities will include:
- Plant propagation – improve our plant knowledge and help grow indigenous plants for future planting activities
- Planting – support local work to improve the biodiversity of our local areas through indigenous plants
- Habitat restoration – remove weeds and debris to help create a better growing environment for indigenous plants
- Art in nature – use the natural environment to inspire you to create something beautiful to share or take home
- Tai Chi in nature – enhance your tai chi practice by taking in the beautiful sights, sounds and air around you
Dates are approximate for now as we work through the wet weather we’re experiencing and work with project partners to decide what is best for planting and habitat restoration activities.
We will firm up the 2023 events in the new year.
Booking information will be available in advance of events here and through our Facebook page.