The $250 Power Saving Bonus is a one-off $250 payment to provide direct support to vulnerable Victorian households experiencing energy bill stress due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eligible households can access the Power Saving Bonus by applying on a website https://compare.energy.vic.gov.au/ or applying through a participating community organisation from 1 February 2021 until the 31 January 2022.
Who is eligible for the $250 Power Saving Bonus?
To be eligible to apply for the $250 Power Saving Bonus, you must be able to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be a Victorian residential energy consumer (i.e. have a residential electricity account).
- You must receive one of the following concession benefits:
- Centrelink Pension Concession Card
- JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Abstudy or Austudy
- Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card
Holders of Health Care Cards who are not recipients of Youth allowance, JobSeeker, Austudy or Abstudy are not eligible.
Contact Span if you need assistance or further information.